Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Semester Of Seven (Classes)

Yes, you read the title correctly: I am registered in seven courses, and have not received a warning or withdrawn from any as of this blog post. Some might wonder why I would do such a thing. Well, I decided the minute I stepped foot on the North Shore campus, I didn't want to be a average student. I wanted to take the road less traveled, and not take four courses here and four courses there (mind you, I decided with the horrible economy, finding a job in these tough times would be hard) so this isn't a decision just anyone can make. But, like the old phrase "you can do anything you set your mind to" has never been so true. I had my doubters, more than a few, and I decided it was one of those things if I was going to do, I was going in full tilt. And full tilt I mean doing all my work. Not making excuses to professors about missing things, and getting it done. Some might still think I'm nuts, but believe in yourself and you can do anything you want to.

If anyone would like to hear abut time management and how I actually survived this endeavor, please feel free to leave comments and I will happily reply.

4 comments:

  1. So, How did the seven classes go for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took four courses all for five semesters at NSCC and now I am transfering to Northeastern. NSCC turned me from a unmotivated student to one who cares and taught me how to better myself. Don't think your a big shot taking seven classes then blog about it for only one person to comment on it. I could tell you and everyone in that building could tell you have they manage their time whats so significant about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took four classes in addition to working a job (30-40+) dance and volunteer. i also care for a disabled woman, who is my mom. Tell me why your so different from the rest?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Despite the harsh comments from my predecessors I too am taking more classes than advised (18 cr) and am a single mom to an adorable 2 yr old. I am also hoping to be working over the school year... if you have any pointers feel free to share and if I figure it out I will reciprocate ..... I have faith ... WE CAN DO IT !!!!! Luvs !!

    ReplyDelete