Saturday, February 6, 2010

How to be thankful

I want everyone to try something that I tried earlier today. I was talking to a close friend of mine who I have met here at NSCC and she told me to do something to help me grasp hold onto my life. (Mind you, she is the most comedic person I have ever met and it was hard for me to take her seriously).

She told me: "I want you to step out of your body (not literately) and look at your life as an outsider. Look at your life in it's entirety and you will notice a few things. You will see things in a different perspective. Things are not always as they seem to be and sometimes you have to listen to the person whose on the outside looking in. You do not notice your mistakes, you do not think you are doing certain things wrong and you do not always see how your life can impact another's." Needless to say, she was right. (As always).

While I looked from what she referred to as the "outside" I noticed that I should be more thankful for my life. I saw some mistakes I had been making and realized that I need to make more of an effort to get things in order. I also saw the beauty in some of the things I have done and people I have chose to share my life with. I am incredibly thankful for what and who I have in my life at this moment in time. I am thankful for the opportunities that have come to me. I took so many things for granted and I took myself for granted.

For awhile I did not see what my life truly consisted of. I am considerably lucky for the life I have. In order to become truly thankful for what you have, you have to look at your life from the outside. From the inside, you see the black and white details and but do not always see the color of your life. It is color in your life that blocks out the gray, shady areas that may make your life seem dim. So take a step back, become thankful, and see the colors of your life.

2 comments:

  1. Amanda: You continue to outdo yourself That is a perspective you should consider and be proud of...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Joanne. I hope eveveryone is able to see through the "black and white" and see the colors. I am so thankful for the opportunities that have come to me in my life and I personally thank God for all of them.

    ReplyDelete