Thursday, January 28, 2010

First Days



The first two days of school have been great. I am taking five classes consisting of world civilizations 2, spanish 2, algebra 2, composition 2, biology and of course the mandatory biology lab. I guess that actually comes out to six classes...
=-O It is a big responsibility and I am nervous for the transition. Luckily, I have three teachers who I had during first semester and they seemed to be happy that I chose them as my teachers for the second sequence of the courses. The other two teachers that I have seem really nice. My math teacher is very funny and out going. She makes math fun. I never thought I would use the words "math" and "fun" in the same sentence. Unfortunately, my biology teacher is in Kenya directing a foundation she founded that helps children with disabilities. She left us a video introducing herself and I really appreciated the fact that she took the time to do that. She has one of her old professors that she had in college substituting for her. The substitute was polite to us and was honored that my teacher asked him to take over for her until she comes back (which should be by next week?) He introduced us to the basics of biology and gave an interesting and intellectual lecture about human life and nature. I never thought college would interest me as much as it does. I am so glad I chose to come to North Shore. :)

I want to know how everyone else is doing and how their past two days have been so far. (Positive or Negative...PLEASE leave out names as I have done. No need to hurt feelings!)

2 comments:

  1. You forgot spanish II...Maybe it was only me, but i was late on my first day of school. They changed the class room to the 3rd floor, but As soon as I walked in to my second semester of spanish, I had 3 beautiful smiles looking back at my. My 3 old buddys! they make it fun, even if its just me that they are making fun. Its great to be together again for another semester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I did the same thing because I did not look at my schedule! I was ery excited to see you all again. I missed everyone. We are going to have to much fun this semester!

    ReplyDelete