Sunday, March 7, 2010

Meeting Deval Patrick

As fellow Presidential Scholars Angela, Megan, Katelyn and I stood beside President Burton, Governor Deval Patrick, Secretary Ian Bowles, Commissioner Philip Giudice, DCAM Commissioner David Perini, and Representative Ted Speliotis I felt a numbing sensation through my body. It was such a wonderful experience to be introduced to the crowd as Presidential Scholars. Governor Patrick announced Commonwealth Clean Energy Investment Program and Commissioner David Perini introduced and explained the new financing plan that will help the Commonwealth save thousands of dollars in energy costs. The crowd was enthused by the politician's words of reassurance and power as cameras flashed. I was so glad that my mentor was only a few feet away watching at the scholars represented NSCC. After shaking hands and introducing ourselves to Governor Patrick, Angela, Megan, Katelyn, President Burton and I took a picture with the Governor! It was such a great experience! I felt so honored to be a part of the event. As I told Joanne, I was beyond excited and nervous. As we were standing in front of everyone, I could feel myself turning red. My friends said I was not as red as a tomato so I was okay. :) I'm so glad that we were able to meet the Governor and that he spent time with students shaking hands and playing ping pong in the Student Life Lounge. I have never seen such a thing! After all the commotion was over, the girls and I helped clean up the event by putting signs away and keeping people away from the tables that were set up with coffee!

Altogether, it was a lot of fun! I cannot wait for the next event!

No comments:

Post a Comment