Saturday, October 10, 2009

It came to my attention that sometimes we all need a little advice…no matter how old we are

Entering college can be as frightening as riding your bike for the first time without training wheels. But, once you get the hang of it, it’s easy. Along the way, we all need some guidance and advice. Your best friend may go to a school fifty miles away (which is hard because now there’s no one to bail you out of those sticky situations you get yourself into), your parents have you under pressure to get good grades, and trying to make time for yourself seems close to impossible. BUT! There is hope! It may take some effort and hard work, but your busy schedule will become organized and you will adjust to your changing lifestyle. Thankfully here at North Shore Community College we have people who are willing to guide you in the right direction, answer your questions and lead you to success. It came to my attention, that sometimes we all need someone to talk to who is within our own generation and who can understand where we are coming from. I also know that I want these things to remain confidential, so that’s what I’m here for.



I am here for you to vent to, to take an emotional load off your shoulders and help make college a bit less stressful and more fun. For example: Your professor, Mrs. So-So is cramming you with homework and you need a tutor, ASAP! I am here to help guide you to someone who can make Mrs. So-So’s class a little less stressful. Steering you in the right direction here at North Shore is my plan. You may also need someone to vent to, anonymously, about that girlfriend or boyfriend of yours who’s giving you trouble because your lab partner and you are becoming close friends.

Post your thoughts, ideas or problems here (anonymously or not) and I will do my best to guide you and help you in whatever way I can. Keep in mind of course I don’t know any good magic tricks to get you straight A’s or a better significant other, but I can help put you on the road that can. I will be posting every Monday. If you have any special requests or ideas, feel free to leave a comment.

(Please note: if you wish to mention or speak about a certain person and you feel that what you might say may be hurtful or start a war, give them a code name that isn’t so obvious or mean.)

4 comments:

  1. This is really cool! I can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am preping to take the teas test which is a test to apply for the nursing program in novemeber and i am extremly nervous. My mother is pressuring me to do good. She says even if i don't pass she'll still be proud and i can take it again but i just feel like if she wasn't on my back all the time i would be less stressed and be able to do well on the test. How can i tell her that i aprreciate her support but i just need to be left alone in a good way without hurting her ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all need a little nudge at times. Sometimes its our parents that have to really push us, even though often times that can be overwhelming. You mentioned your high school friends as well, sometimes its good to break free and expand your network. If friends are really friends you will remain in touch no matter the circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Parents want to see their children strive in life. My parents also on always on my tail, practically stalking me when it comes to school work. The one thing I can tell you is to follow what you need to do for YOU. They cant control you because you are your own person. Tell her that you love her and want to make her happy, but you want to make yourself happy as well. Also tell her you ARE trying your best and you just need her support to help get through it without the added on stress. I hope this helps you! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete