Friday, November 27, 2009

THE EVENTUAL HAND-SANITIZER STORY

Hello North Shore students! I hope everyone had a really awesome Thanksgiving!

Well, today, being “black Friday”, the malls/stores and roads were a cluttered mess with people. I really wanted a digital camera that was being sold at Target, but when I arrived at 4:45 am it was sold out! This was very disappointing. However, I honestly must say that it was fun to watch people “racing” down the aisles and yelling at their spouses/shopping buddies/relatives for being too slow, and not “looking alive” as one woman said this morning. ---what a riot. (both funny and chaotic)

Anyone get up to go “black Friday-ing”? If so… what did’ya get?!

Even though it is important for some to get up, wait in line, and scramble through hundreds of people… is it worth it? I was honestly thinking about this Swine Flu sickness the whole time.

.. I'm getting to the point I promise. ...

I’m SO glad that North Shore has the hand sanitizing stations but don’t you ever find yourself going up to one, to find it empty? You take your sparkling clean hand (… not likely and an over exaggeration) and go to push/touch on the level to dispense the solution, and its empty! Ahhh! This is so frustrating! Some of them are automatic but some aren’t. I really appreciate how they give us the opportunity to sanitize ourselves but they should really keep on top of refills especially during this crazy flu season. Ugh.

- Kristen

P.S. --> I was recently informed that all of the hand sanitizer beliefs on how it's unhealthy if you use too much etc. ... is all a myth. Not sure how I feel about this. I personally believe that it obviously just dries out skin. So, try to use one that is lotion based (ie. one from Bath&Body Works) ... or just lotion up after using alot! :)

3 comments:

  1. How come no one does the story about the new sanitizers on the market which are alcohol-free? There are new products that kill 3 times the germs, work up to 30 minutes, and they are safer to use than alcohol. This one is my favorite: http://www.cleanphirst.com/store/alcohol_free_foam_hand_sanitizer.asp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where i live all of the local stores opened up at midnight on Thursday/Friday. I went to that. It was crazy how many people there were shopping at midnight. It was a lot of fun.
    And Banana Republic had 50% off everything in the store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is FABULOUS, Chris! I love Banana Republic! :) You have good taste!
    -Kristen

    ReplyDelete