Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Guide for the Eater


Seeing as I have been doing a couple guides by experience, I figured I might as well continue. So here are some suggestions on how to save your hard earned money.

If you’re like me you’re trying to hold onto every last dime that you barely have the time to earn. So it can get kind of hard when you end up spending 10+ for various snacks and food at school. Here are a couple tricks, and how I try to do things

1) Always always always bring a drink with you, I suggest water since most of your body is made of water, but its up to you
2) Bring your own snacks, I find that a mega pack of snacks is a lot cheaper at BJ’s than at school
3) Bring a piece of fruit. Not only can you barely find fruit at school, but it’s also expensive when you do. So do your wallet and body a favor and bring some fruit
4) Eat breakfast! Everyone’s heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, it also saves a few bucks as well so you don’t feel the need to grab that caramel macchiato and coffee roll.

When I follow my own rules I find that I only need to buy a sandwich or burger each day. It costs around $5 but is a lot less expensive than buying a whole meal and lots of snacks in between. However that’s only when you eat at school. If you go to Lynn, like I do, than there is a large selection of equally expensive meals within walking distance from the campus. I find that its just easier to stay in school since the food their tastes just as good.


2 comments:

  1. Good advice! I think I might start bring my drinks and snacks to school with me. Your right, its a lot cheaper to buy a 12 pack of soda than it is to buy one at school everyday. If your on the Danvers campus, the fridge for the soda in the cafe is not even working so on top of expensive soda, its warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats actually sounds gross. im glad i dont get soda from the danvers campus. actually im glad i dont get soda at all. i find myself alot healthier without it...(cough cough)

    ReplyDelete