Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Swine Flu Scare.

I was diagnosed with a mild case of the swine flu this past week so I spent most of my time laying down, feeling like crap, for lack of a better word. While in bed, awaiting what seemed to be death, I realized I should of taken better precautions and I wouldn't be throwing up and have a fever of 101 due to the H1N1 virus. SO, to all you happy and healthy folks, here are some ways to not be stupid like me and prevent yourself from getting the dreadful flu! (Don't worry, I'm all better now).

And sorry if I sound like your grandmother trying to tell you what to do, but seriously, this thing, is horrible to have.

1) WASH YOUR HANDS!
2) Use hand sanitizer after touching a million things..like money, door handles etc.
3) Keep your hands away from your mouth (NO BITING YOUR NAILS LIKE I DO!), eyes etc.
4) Get some rest. Don't be an insomniac!
5) If you do think you are getting sick, stay home, take meds and stay away from the elderly, pregnant and small children.

Symptoms of the H1N1:
*fever
*
cough
*
sore throat
*runny nose
*
body aches
*
headache that will not go away
*
chills
*
fatigue
*
diarrhea (in some cases)
*vomiting (in some cases)

Unfortunately, doctors offices are currently flooded with cases of the flu, but if you are experiencing these symptoms, make an appointment and they may prescribe you something to help ease the aches and pains.

PLEASE take care, and don't freak out over the flu. Keep yourself clean and healthy.

1 comment:

  1. dude. you totally took my idea for my next post. ohwell i guess everyone has swine flue these days.

    ReplyDelete